Firbeck Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website and on the sidebar of this page.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Designated Senior Leads for Safeguarding
- Miss S Cao (SDSL)
- Mrs E Thornhill (Deputy Headteacher)
- Ms G Maguire (Specialist TA)
- Mrs L Burrows (Joint Lead Teacher of the Deaf)
- Mr S Crawford
- 13th July 2020 - Letter to Parents/Carers
September 2020 Plans (Whole School - 13/07/2020)
- Well-being Newsletter JUNE Issue 4
Please download the latest Pupil Newsletter and Parent/Carer Newsletters (Whole School - 30/06/2020)
- Parent and Carers' and Children's Newsletter Issue 3
May 2020 (Whole School - 22/05/2020)
- Letter to Parents and Carers from Deputy Headteacher
15th May 2020 (Whole School - 15/05/2020)
- Watch this video message...
To all the children from all the staff at Firbeck! (Whole School - 13/05/2020)