Firbeck Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place that contribute to our safeguarding commitment, including our Safeguarding/Child Protection Policy which can be viewed in the Policies section of our website and on the sidebar of this page.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
We actively support the Government's Prevent Agenda to counter radicalism and extremism.
Designated Senior Leads for Safeguarding
- Miss S Cao (SDSL)
- Mrs E Thornhill (Deputy Headteacher)
- Ms G Maguire (Specialist TA)
- Mrs L Burrows (Joint Lead Teacher of the Deaf)
- Mr S Crawford
- Firbeck in the Breeze Magazine!
Click to see it (Whole School - 10/09/2020)
- Colds Vs COVID Information
Colds Vs COVID 19 Information (Whole School - 08/09/2020)
- Nottingham Local News article: Yoga on the timetable at Firbeck
Or read it in a copy of the Nottingham Post today! (Whole School - 02/09/2020)
- Guide for Parents and Pupils
FAQs (Whole School - 27/08/2020)
- Well-being Final Newsletter JULY Issue 5
Please download the latest and final newsletter for pupils and parents and carers (Whole School - 20/07/2020)