Welcome to Year 2
Welcome back after what we hope was an enjoyable half term. It certainly should have been a welcome break for the children, they all worked especially hard last half term. The vast majority who were sitting the SATs, have now all completed them throughout the month of May. We are very proud of them. They took this in their stride and worked very hard. It was certainly an opportunity for them to show what they can do.
This half term we do not take our foot off the pedal. There are lots of fun things planned! We continue with our Extreme Weather topic.
- We look at an array of information books and write our own information text linked to a serious climate issue such as drought or flooding.
- We are well under way with our enterprise project; a class garden centre. We hope to have healthy and beautiful plants ready to sell by the end of this term. Green fingers crossed!
- We prepare for the Bilborough Arts Festival at the end of June. We hope to produce a collage linked to a save water theme. We have been finding out just how valuable something we take so much for granted is!
- We continue with our measures theme in maths. A major focus being telling the time in 5 minute intervals. It would really help if you could take every opportunity to read and note the time at home at various points in the day. Some us think we go to bed at very strange times!
- We have good links with our local church, St Leonard’s. We’ll be paying them a visit and taking a good look around inside at its fixtures and fittings. We’ll also hope to find out how the church is used by our community.
- As part of our ongoing PHSE curriculum we will be looking at SRE (Sex and Relationships Education). Children will be learning about the differences between male and females in both humans and animals and labelling body parts. Please come and see us if you would like to see the resources used or want to know more.
- We will be visiting Sutton Bonnington as part of our link with The University of Nottingham during the last week of term. There we hope to see the Vet School and learn more about the habitats of certain animals and how such animals look after their young.
- We will visit Wollaton Library and continue to visit our school library weekly. There are so many beautiful books there! Please continue to read with your children. Some children have now read 200 times this year and have been able to order a book of their own as a reward on line. Well done!
- PE days remain the same; Wednesday and Thursday.
- Don’t forget to log onto TT Rock Stars. A fun way of learning your times tables! Please click the link in the sidebar to access the website, there is also a free app available to download.
This term is going to be another busy one. But most of all we’d like your children to have fun whilst they learn. Any problems, don’t hesitate to speak to us, preferably at the end of the day.
Miss Chantrey & Mr Brown
- 17th Jul 2019: Year 6s, don’t forget it’s Bikeability today! 🚲
Year 2 News
- No recent news stories.